Search
  • Pat Fleming

October 5, 2020

Time flies. Just took a semi-disappointing load out of the kiln. Apparently while demonstrating for my last video I screened local clay and put it back in the cone 5 glaze. It came out looking underfired. I will adjust. I did get a marvelous firing last week at cone 8. We got our latest video done and have received some responses. One of the site refused to show it because they thought it was someone else's posting. Then She got mad because I also shared it with other sites. The pottery goal is to get the results at cone 5 that we get at cone 8. I don't know why cone 8 bothers me. I think it is because it is a cone 6 kiln but that shouldn't matter. I need to think about that. I plan on continuing re-firing at cone 5 for a while until it works or doesn't work. If it doesn't work maybe I should bring out the old Skutt kiln that was a cone 10 kiln. We'll see.

0 views

Recent Posts

See All

10-17-2020

I have started making some art pots. I wish I had the old, larger, kilns. The tallest limit is 17". I mixed up some cone 8 clay and some more cone 5 clay and have a pot in the test kiln. An intere

10-9-2020

Had a talk with Brian's students in Augusta University today. It was a TEAM thing like skype. It went well. There were only 8 learners on board. It felt good to work with learners again. The bisque

October 7 2020

I seems that when I mixed up some clay for my last video I poured it into the wrong bucket and made the Dirt Glaze more refactory. I added some borate and tested it today. It seems OK. Tomorrow we

(509) 627-8980

©2019 by Patrick Fleming Art. Proudly created with Wix.com