Search
  • Pat Fleming

January 24, 2020

Unloaded the kiln today. Results OK. Will re-fire 2 of them but that is OK. I need to test 75% dirt, 25% borate. I am short of 20/80 and want to know what an increase in borate will do to the glaze. I should mix 75/25, 70/30 and then with extra iron and some copper. Copper and iron can make a very metallic looking glaze. I am traveling to Wenaha Gallery tomorrow with some of the new pots, finally. I think when we get back from New Orleans I'll take a load to Moses Lake.

0 views

Recent Posts

See All

10-17-2020

I have started making some art pots. I wish I had the old, larger, kilns. The tallest limit is 17". I mixed up some cone 8 clay and some more cone 5 clay and have a pot in the test kiln. An intere

10-9-2020

Had a talk with Brian's students in Augusta University today. It was a TEAM thing like skype. It went well. There were only 8 learners on board. It felt good to work with learners again. The bisque

October 7 2020

I seems that when I mixed up some clay for my last video I poured it into the wrong bucket and made the Dirt Glaze more refactory. I added some borate and tested it today. It seems OK. Tomorrow we

(509) 627-8980

©2019 by Patrick Fleming Art. Proudly created with Wix.com