January 20 2020
Loaded a new glaze kiln. Cyberart 509 demonstrated at the Richland Library today. I demoed drawing. The kids seemed to really enjoy it. My clay/sand problem seems to be going away with time. I have started adding things to the dirt glaze. I have added 25% borate first then will add extra iron and maybe copper for a metallic sheen. I have, sort of, caught up with the wet clay and the weather. It is still wet and cold but some of the clay has finally dried enough. My latest still life is just sitting there for now. It is looking OK so far. Tomorrow I will try to slake the left over clay from my cone 5 days. Slowly but surely things are getting under control. I am questioning if I should throw the volcanic ash away or try to use it. Confusion.