• Pat Fleming

August 7 2020

We have had good success by re-glazing dirt glaze with PVC to cone 8. It is so successful along with Tea Dust that I am tempted to stay at cone 8 for a while. I did just mix a bunch of cone 5 clay so there is that. We'll see. I might be in good shape for Wenaha. I traveled to the Walter Clore Winery for the September/October exhibit. I send Carolyn the information on my past and I hope it is what she wanted. It will appear in a magazine. I made a short practice video again yesterday so I can Make that video on digging and processing native clay. I added silica and borate to the dirt glaze in hopes of making it stop crawling. The test pots were fired today so the test can happen tomorrow. Wish me luck.


Recent Posts

See All

September 10, 2020

WOW! I think we have had a break through at cone 5. I am getting very good results with the dirt glaze. It's not completely the same but still good. I am getting ready to take a load to Moses Lake

August 29, 2020

Did a bisque fire today. Also loading up pots for Wenaha Gallery in Dayton. Some of these are the nicest pots I have ever made. The cone 8 dirt glaze with PVC over it is marvelous and the cone 5 ve


I have started making lidded soup bowls with handles. A friend suggested I do that and I thought it was a good idea. I got a check from one of my galleries up North. The Dayton/Walla Walla clay did

(509) 627-8980

©2019 by Patrick Fleming Art. Proudly created with