Search
  • Pat Fleming

4-4-2020

What a hoot. I am removing sod from around out new storage shed and now I have a new source of earth material for glazes. It is really fine and I have mixed a test with borate and another one with boric acid. I hope this works better than the new Othello clay does. Othello is OK but not as nice as the stuff from years ago. I also put a small amount of dirt screened through the window screen but not through the 80 mesh. It sort of like sand. So far I have almost a 35 gallon drum of dirt and am only about 1/6 done removing sod. I will need another barrel but I have some Rubber Made containers. I also found some ball clay and added it to my latest batch of cone 8. Back in the day I mixed dirt/ball clay 40/60 and fired it to cone 5. Also did some blow sand and Mason's Blend for cone 10. The options are limitless. I also did another water color of Franklin Louisiana and it looks good and got good responses on FB. It is on this site. I will study my new acrylic painting from Jackson Hole and maybe publish it tomorrow. I will bisque fire tomorrow and there are a lot of test tiles in it so here we go. Thanks,

3 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

1-25-2021

I am really tired. It might be from the covid shot or it might be that I am just tired of the the business of art. We will rehang and rotate art at Gallery Underground on Saturday and Ed and Greg ca

1-20-2021

Decided to test my cone 5 clay for water absorption. it weighed 55.5 grams dry. We'll see how much it weighs after being soaked. Also It looked good in that it has sufficient native clay in it, ass

1-16-2021

Someone should kick me in the head. For 14 years we mixed clay from powder at Kamiakin High School and it never occurred to me to dry screen Othello clay and dry mix it with Lincoln to make cone 8 cl

(509) 627-8980

©2019 by Patrick Fleming Art. Proudly created with Wix.com