Happy Thanksgiving Day. It has become obvious that the native clay needs to be screened through the 80 mesh. I might have to add sand at that. That's ironic. It seems to be Ok and Seattle Pottery notified me that my cones are on the way. The testing will start soon. I have made 2 soup bowls out of the native stuff and the applique logos seem to want to crack and I am interpreting that being due to particle size. We'll see. I will need to get more clay if I am going to work during the Winter months so I'd better check the weather. I will need some Lincoln 60 clay too for the cone 8 stuff. I think for the low fire I will use Othello clay and frits 50/50 to start. I want to start making planters for commercial outlets using all native materials. This is going to be great! I should throw some test pots for glaze testing. Cone 1 or 2 isn't that much lower than 5 so transition should be fairly simple. I started another painting today and finished one yesterday. I need to add them to this site. See ya.