Search
  • Pat Fleming

1-4-2021

I am making bonsai pots. I decided to make room in the shed where I am blunging Othello clay now, en mass. I found a partial bag of silica and decided to add it to the bucket in the pottery that was partially empty. I also decided to take the old bag out of the bucket since the bucket had SI label on it. I pulled the bag out and noticed that the bottom of the bag had "dolomite" instead of silica written on it. For the last 2 years I have been struggling with all the glazes and it appears that I was adding dolomite instead of silica. DUH!!! I mixed a new batch of real PVC and tested it to cone 1 today. If it works I will glaze the Othello pots and get them out of the space. Most of the Othello pots are destined for either Prosser or Othello. I am making pots for Carol that have "Thank You" on them as a Prosser fund raiser. Boy, I hope this works out. I am really getting tired of glaze problems and I have too many clay bodies. It is tough to decide which body to delete. It looks like cone 5 should go away but so far it is the most reliable. Oh the problems of making pottery.

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

1-16-2021

Someone should kick me in the head. For 14 years we mixed clay from powder at Kamiakin High School and it never occurred to me to dry screen Othello clay and dry mix it with Lincoln to make cone 8 cl

1-15-2021

Loaded the re-fire of cone 01 today to fire tomorrow. The bonzai guy contacted me and he wants to come over and pick see them. I told him Sunday. It would be cool if this works out. I am pretty ex

1-14-2021

I think cone 01 is going to work. I am re-glazing some already fired pots and am holding my breath. I really like the clay and think I will add 1 quart of sand to 5 gallons of clay. I don't know ho

(509) 627-8980

©2019 by Patrick Fleming Art. Proudly created with Wix.com